Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
featured in 25 Soup Recipes
This chicken noodle soup is like a warm hug from the inside out. Loaded with tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and comforting noodles, it's the ultimate comfort food on a chilly day.
May 04, 2023
98% would make again
for 4 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth (2 L)
- 8 oz egg noodles (225 g)
- 4 cups coarsely shredded chicken (500 g)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley (10 g)
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Calories 582
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 65g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- IF MAKING AHEAD: Do not add the noodles or parsley. Cool and store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat on the stovetop and add the noodles and parsley just before serving.
- Add the noodles and cook for 6 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes more, until the noodles are tender and the chicken is warmed through.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper, then stir in the parsley.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.