97% would make again
Classic Creamy Cheesecake
featured in Alexis’s Favorite Tasty Recipes
Indulge in this Classic Creamy Cheesecake, a heavenly dessert that'll make your taste buds sing. With its velvety smooth texture and buttery graham cracker crust, it's the perfect treat for any occasion.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 7 oz graham cracker (200 g)
- 2 cups sugar (400 g), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 32 oz cream cheese (905 g), room temperature
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 2 cups sour cream (460 g)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 large eggs
- boiling water, for baking
- mixed berry, for serving
- Calories 910
- Fat 66g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan with nonstick spray. Line the inside edges of the pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the graham crackers, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and the melted butter. Pulse to combine until the texture is similar to wet sand.
- Press the graham cracker crumbs into the prepared pan, using a measuring cup to compact in even layer.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, line the sides of the springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, remaining 2 cups (400 G) of sugar, and the salt. Using an electric hand mixer, blend until well-combined and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream and beat to incorporate.
- Add the sour cream, flour, salt, and vanilla bean seeds, and beat to combine.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix until fully combined, making sure not to over-beat. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cooled crust.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with foil and place the pan in a large baking dish. Fill the dish with 1 inch (2 cm) of boiling water.
- Gently transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Without opening the oven door, turn off the heat and let the cheesecake rest for 1 hour.
- Remove the springform pan from the baking dish and unwrap the foil. Run a paring knife gently around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the sides of the pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and release the springform pan. Remove the parchment paper lining.
- Top with fresh berries, if desired.
- Dip a knife into hot water for clean slices, then slice and serve.