Classic Potato Salad
This simple summer side dish staple is easy to master with this recipe! Gold potatoes are tossed in a creamy-tangy mixture of mayo, pickle relish, and mustard, with diced red onion and hard-boiled eggs for extra texture. Pro tip: add the dressing to the potatoes in thirds, allowing 5 minutes between each addition, for the creamiest texture.
for 8 servings
- 2 lb gold potato (480 g), scrubbed, cut into 1/2 in (1.24 cm)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more for boiling potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (180 g)
- ½ cup sweet relish (120 g)
- ¼ cup yellow mustard (60 g)
- 1 ½ cups red onion (225 g), finely diced
- 3 large stalks celery
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon McCormick® cayenne
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Calories 321
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cool water. Generously season the water with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, 12–15 minutes. Drain and transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, red onion, celery, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, and ½ teaspoon salt until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together the white vinegar, remaining teaspoon of salt, and the sugar until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- While the potatoes are still hot, pour the vinegar mixture over and toss to coat. Let the potatoes sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add ⅓ of the egg mixture to the potatoes, tossing to coat completely. Let sit for another 5 minutes, then toss with another ⅓ of the egg mixture. Just before serving, toss with the remaining egg mixture.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.