Clinton Family’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
These aren’t your average chocolate chip cookies. The Clinton’s incorporate old-fashioned oats into their cookie dough for added texture.
for 36 cookies
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening (205 g)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (200 g), firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups old fashion oat (200 g)
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chip
- Calories 191
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 2–3 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Using an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat to incorporate. Mix in the oats.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 12 cookies per pan.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Set the baking sheets on top of wire racks and cool for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies directly to the racks and let cool completely.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.