81% would make again
Colombian Breakfast Soup (Changua)
featured in Everything You Can Do With Cilantro
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 4 eggs
- sourdough bread, or other bread, for serving
- Calories 158
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Finely chop the cilantro. Slice the green onions. Chop the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the water and milk to a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, crack the eggs into the pot. Without stirring, add the green onions and tomatoes. Let eggs cook for about 5 minutes, or until the egg yolks are just barely firm.
- Scoop an egg into each bowl and ladle in more broth. Garnish with cilantro and serve with bread for dipping.