Cong You Bing (Scallion Pancake)
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 8 servings
- 4 cups flour (500 g)
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water (360 mL)
- ¼ cup oil (60 mL)
- ⅓ cup scallions (35 g)
- salt, to taste
- Calories 317
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, slowly add the water to the flour stirring with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until it is soft and smooth.
- Making sure your work surface is floured, then cover the dough with a wet towel for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the scallions into long thin strips and then cut the strips into small pieces.
- Flour a surface. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll one of the pieces with a rolling pin until it is ⅛ inch thick.
- Pour 1 tbsp oil onto the rolled out dough. Spread it out. Salt generously. Add 1-2 Tbsp scallions and spread them out on top.
- Starting at the side closest to you, roll the dough into a log. Take one end of the log and twist it away from you while simultaneously twisting the other end toward you. The dough should want to form a circle.
- Coil the twisted log of dough into a small circle in the middle of the log and spiral the ends on top of their respective sides. Seal the ends of the log.
- Flatten the dough and roll it out with a rolling pin until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Place the pancake on a large frying pan over medium heat with ½ tsp of oil. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until crispy and no longer appears or tastes like dough.
- Cut the pancake into 6 pieces. Enjoy while hot.