89% would make again
Cookie Butter Lava Cakes
featured in Delectable Lava Cakes
for 4 servings
- 40 speculoos cookies, such as Lotus Biscoff
- ¼ cup brown sugar (50 g)
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL)
Cookie Butter Lava Cake
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (40 g), plus more for dusting
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- caramel sauce, for serving
- speculoos cookie, for serving
- Calories 1108
- Fat 63g
- Carbs 128g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 71g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the cookie butter: In a food processor, combine the speculoos cookies and brown sugar and pulse until finely ground. With the processor running, slowly pour in the heavy cream and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. You should have about 1 cup.
- Make the lava cakes: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place a rack on the lower third of the oven.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg yolks and eggs with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Add the sugar, vanilla and cookie butter and mix until just combined. Sift in the flour and mix again until incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Grease 4 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with a bit of flour. Tilt the ramekins to coat evenly, then tap out any excess flour. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and evenly divide the batter between the ramekins.
- Bake the lava cakes for 14–15 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center still jiggles slightly.
- Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto serving plates. Top each cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a sprinkle of crushed speculoos cookies. Serve immediately.