Cookies and Cream Macarons
These cookies and cream macarons are a sophisticated twist on the classic cookie flavor. The delicate macaron shells are filled with a rich and creamy filling that's sure to impress at any gathering.
for 10 servings
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar (150 g)
- ¾ cup superfine almond flour (70 g)
- ¼ cup chocolate cookie (25 g), crushed
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon black food coloring
- 2 cups powdered sugar (240 g)
- 1 cup butter (225 g), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup cookie and cream filling (60 g)
- Calories 465
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Keep beating and slowly add sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Sift powdered sugar, cookie crumbs, almond flour, and cocoa powder over the egg whites.
- Fold the dry mixture into the egg whites completely, but make sure to not overmix or the macarons will not rise.
- Once the batter reaches a lava-like consistency, add the food coloring. Mix until just combined, without over mixing.
- Preheat oven to 285ºF (140ºC).
- Place the mixture into a piping bag or zip-top bag. Cut of the tip to pipe.
- Pipe 1½-inch (4 cm) dollops onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Tip: take a little batter to “glue” down the edges of the parchment paper so it stays put.
- Let the cookies rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour, until they are no longer wet to the touch and a skin forms on top.
- While resting, make the filling by mixing the butter, powdered sugar, cookie cream filling, vanilla, and milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag and set aside until ready to fill.
- When the cookies are dry to the touch, bake for 15-18 minutes until they have risen.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before filling.
- To fill, pipe about about a tablespoon of the buttercream onto one macaron and place another on top.
- Macarons are best kept refrigerated until serving.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.