Copycat Baked Apple Pie Pockets To Go
featured in Recreate A Whole McDonald's Meal At Home
Get your apple pie fix on the go with these cute and delicious baked apple pie pockets, filled with tender apples, cinnamon, and a flaky crust.
May 04, 2023
94% would make again
for 6 servings
- 4 apples
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- parchment paper
- Calories 521
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel and dice apples.
- Stir water and baking powder together in a small bowl.
- Combine the baking powder-water mixture, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk together until combined and mixture has become thick and bubbly.
- Add apples and stir until they are fully coated and tender.
- Lay pastry out and flatten with rolling pin so that it is about ¼-inch (6cm) thick throughout.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice pastry into 12 rectangles.
- Spoon apple mixture onto top 6 rectangles.
- Dip your finger in water and line the outer rim of each rectangle before sandwiching apple filling between two rectangles. Using a fork, press the sides around each rectangle to seal the filling in.
- Whisk an egg and brush it over the top of each pie then place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Using a knife, make 3 or 4 slits in each pie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fold a rectangle of parchment paper in half horizontally
- Take the bottom corners and fold up ¾ of the way and then ⅔ of the way.
- Flip the rectangle over and fold the left third into the center, taking the right third and folding it into the “wing” created by the middle fold.
- Flip this pocket over and use to hold and travel with an apple pie.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.