Copycat Garlic Butter Breadsticks
Why go out for garlic breadsticks when you can make your own copycat version at home? These garlic butter breadsticks are crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and loaded with garlicky flavor. Serve them up with your favorite pasta dish for a meal that's restaurant-worthy.
for 12 servings
- 1 cup water (240 mL), warm (105°F/40°C)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), melted
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Calories 186
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the warm water to a large bowl with the melted butter, sugar and yeast. Stir to help the yeast dissolve and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes foamy on top.
- Add in the flour and salt (optional) to the yeast mixture. Use a mixing spoon to incorporate the wet and dry ingredients until it comes together into a sticky ball.
- Cover the dough with a towel and place in a warm part of your kitchen. Let rise for 1½ hours, or until it doubles in size.
- Remove the risen dough from the bowl and knead on the counter with extra flour until the dough becomes smooth on the surface and no longer sticky.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough until it’s about a 7x12 inch (18x30 cm) rectangle, and slice into 12 strips. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can cut the dough into 12 portions and roll each into 7 inch (18 cm) logs with your hands.
- Place the dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Brush melted butter and sprinkle garlic salt on the dough.
- Bake the breadsticks for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the breadsticks come out of the oven, serve immediately, or cool and store in the freezer for up to 6 months to eat at a later date.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.