Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Bring the memories of Olive Garden home with this copycat Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe. It’s a cozy, comforting dish that the whole family will love.
for 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 1/2 medium chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach or kale
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Calories 39
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chicken and toss to incorporate, then pour in the chicken stock and season with the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in the half-and-half and gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes, until beginning to thicken slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the cornstarch slurry and cook for another 3 minutes, until the soup has thickened. Stir in the spinach, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the Parmesan cheese, then serve immediately.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.