81% would make again
The cowboy caviar recipe has been one of the most searched and trending recipes of summer 2022. It involves dicing and chopping a lot of vegetables (a definite arm workout, but worth it!), all brought together with a tangy hot honey and lime vinaigrette.
July 14, 2022
for 8 servings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce)
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce)
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed (15 ounce)
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (20 g), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon hot honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chip, for serving (optional)
- Calories 254
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, Great Northern beans, corn, red onion, orange and green bell peppers, tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, chives, avocado, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, hot honey, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Toss until evenly incorporated and the vegetables are well-coated in the dressing.
- Serve with chips or alongside your favorite meal. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.