96% would make again
featured in 4 Summer Seafood Recipes
These crispy crab cakes are a seafood lover's dream. The cakes are packed with fresh crab meat, and are perfectly seasoned with a blend of spices. Serve them as a main dish, or as a tasty appetizer at your next gathering.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 lb fresh lump crab meat (455 g), picked over
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, for dusing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- tartar sauce, recipe follows
- lemon wedge
- Calories 252
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the shallot, parsley, chives, egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne if using.
- Add the crabmeat, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix just to combine.
- Form into 6 equal patties and place on a plate. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Coat the cakes lightly with flour, and shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Fry the crab cakes until golden and crisp, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain slightly.
- Serve warm with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.