Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
Can’t get enough crab rangoon wontons from your favorite take-out spot? Try these crab rangoon egg rolls filled with even more ooey-gooey cream cheese and crab filling, wrapped in a perfectly crispy wonton casing.
for 8 servings
- 6 oz cream cheese (175 g), room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 pinch kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 8 oz fresh lump crab meat (225 g), shredded
- ⅓ cup scallions (10 g), thinly sliced
- 12 square wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- peanut oil, for frying
- sweet and sour sauce, for serving
- Calories 178
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, a pinch of salt, soy sauce, and sugar until well combined. Gently fold in the crab meat and scallions until evenly incorporated.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond orientation. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the beaten egg. Scoop 3 tablespoons of the crab filling onto the center of the wrapper and flatten slightly with a spoon. Fold the sides of the wrapper inwards to cover the filling, then roll the wonton up, starting from the bottom and working upward to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill a large pot halfway with peanut oil. Heat over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 375˚F (190˚C). Set a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Working 3–4 at a time, fry the egg rolls in the hot oil until the wrappers are puffed and golden, about 2 minutes, flipping halfway to ensure even color. Transfer to the wire rack and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve the egg rolls with your favorite dipping sauce, such as sweet and sour sauce.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.