98% would make again
featured in Candy Treats For All Ages
This cracker candy is a simple and addictive snack! The combination of salty crackers and sweet caramel is irresistible.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 1 tube saltines, 40 crackers +
- 1 cup butter (225 g), 2 sticks, either salted or unsalted; do not use margarine
- 1 ⅛ cups brown sugar (245 g), firmly packed, we prefer light
- 1 bag chocolate chips, we like semi-sweet
- ½ cup chopped pecan (60 g), toasted, or toasted chopped almond
- Calories 332
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil & spray with non-stick cooking spray. Line crackers end to end on sheet, breaking crackers to fit the end if necessary.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and turn heat to medium. Continue stirring until boiling – then boil for 3 minutes (set timer).
- Pour over crackers, spread evenly working quickly.
- Put sheet into oven – bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove – pour chocolate chips over top – place a sheet of foil over and let melt for 3 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over the top evenly. Add nuts to top – replace foil and refrigerate until set. (Can be frozen.)
- Break up into pieces.
- Nutrition Calories: 2589 Fat: 229 grams Carbs: 142 grams Fiber: 0 grams Sugars: 137 grams Protein: 2 grams