Cranberry-Orange Glazed Pork Chops
Looking for a hearty dinner ready in less than 30 minutes? Glazed with jewel-toned cranberry sauce and orange marmalade kicked up with ginger and red pepper flakes, these pork chops taste as good as they look. Serve with your favorite side dishes for a weeknight meal that’s anything but ordinary.
for 4 servings
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (275 g)
- ¼ cup orange marmalade (80 g)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 633
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 25g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 35g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, olive oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with the remaining teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, sear the pork chops in batches until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Sear the fat side of the pork chops until lightly browned and some of the fat has rendered, about 1 minute more.
- Turn off the heat then arrange all of the pork chops in the pan. Spoon the cranberry mixture over the chops, spreading in an even layer.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5–7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C). Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pork chops to plates and garnish with the parsley. Serve with your favorite sides.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.