Cranberry Sage Butter
Need a cute and flavorful gift idea? Try gifting compound butter! This flavorful version pairs sweet cranberry sauce and fragrant sage, but play around with your favorite combinations. It’s great spread on rolls or rubbed onto a chicken before roasting.
December 15, 2022
for 3 cups
- 2 ½ cups unsalted butter (575 g), softened
- ½ cup chunky cranberry sauce (130 g)
- ⅓ cup fresh sage leaves (15 g), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, cranberry sauce, sage, and salt mix until well-combined.
- Spread the butter in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. (Alternatively, wrap the butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log.) Freeze until solid, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the butter from the freezer and cut into shapes of your choice using a cookie cutter, freezing again if the butter beings to melt or soften. Wrap the cut-outs in parchment snack bags and store in the freezer until ready to gift or use.