91% would make again
for 3 servings
- 3 ears corn, kernels cut off
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter (55 g), 1/2 stick
- ¼ cup half & half (60 mL)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Calories 326
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the corn kernels to a large bowl.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine water and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add to the corn, along with the melted butter. Stir until evenly combined.
- Cover with a plate and microwave for 3 minutes.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the half and half and cornstarch.
- Remove the bowl from microwave, stir, cover, and microwave for 3 minutes more.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the half and half mixture. Stir to combine. Microwave for 6 minutes, until the corn has softened.
- Let cool, then top with sliced scallions.