95% would make again
Creamy Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta
featured in 6 Heavenly Recipes For True Bacon Lovers
for 4 servings
- 6 strips bacon, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz spinach (140 g)
- 5 cups milk (1.2 L)
- 1 lb fettuccine (455 g)
- ½ cup pesto (110 g)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (110 g), plus more for serving
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Calories 1238
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 115g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 81g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook to the pot and cook until softened. When onions are caramelized, add spinach and cook until wilted. Add the milk and bring to boil. Add the fettuccine to the boiling milk and cover. Cook the fettuccine over medium heat until the milk thickens and the pasta is cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Stir in the pesto and Parmesan. Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan.