Creamy Chicken Piccata
This classic dish comes together in just 30 minutes with a handful of pantry staples. The butterflied chicken breast cooks quickly, then is smothered in a creamy and flavorful sauce and served over angel hair pasta. It's the perfect weeknight meal!
for 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (80 g)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup dry white wine (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons caper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock (360 mL)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 8 oz angel hair pasta (225 g), cooked, for serving
- Calories 858
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 74g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 62g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Butterfly each chicken breast. Lay a piece of parchment paper on top and pound to about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick. Season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut each breast in half lengthwise so you have 4 pieces of chicken.
- Add the flour to a wide, shallow dish. Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter, garlic, and capers and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream, then return the chicken to the pan.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and turn the chicken to coat in the sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly, then remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here