100% would make again
Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Shop Campbell's® Soup to try this recipe for yourself!
March 10, 2022
for 6 servings
- 3 ¼ cups cremini mushrooms (485 g), thinly sliced, divided (can use frozen mushrooms if desired)
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme, divided (if using dried, use half the amount)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup yellow onion (110 g), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ stick unsalted butter, divided
- ¼ cup white wine (60 mL), or broth
- 1 cup arborio rice (200 g)
- 1 can Campbell’s® Family Size Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- 1 ¾ cups grated parmesan cheese (215 g), plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Calories 280
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, toss ¾ cup mushrooms with 1½ tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt until well coated.
- Bake the mushrooms for 10–15 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside in a warm place.
- In a large pot, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, remaining 2½ cups sliced mushrooms, remaining teaspoon of thyme, ½ tablespoon butter, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook until fragrant, 6–8 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until slightly reduced, 1–2 minutes. Add the rice and stir until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, combine the Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup and the water. Stir until completely combined.
- Add the mushroom soup mixture, about 1½ cups at a time, to the rice mixture and stir until reduced by half. Continue adding more liquid, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and the liquid has been fully absorbed, 10–15 minutes total.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the remaining 3½ tablespoons butter and the Parmesan cheese until melted and well incorporated. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the remaining teaspoon of salt, the black pepper, and parsley.
- Immediately divide the risotto between serving bowls and garnish with more Parmesan, the roasted mushrooms, black pepper, and parsley.