Creme Egg Bundt Cake
A rich, chocolatey cake filled with gooey and decadent creme eggs is a must-try for all chocolate lovers. Drizzled with a smooth and silky chocolate glaze, this cake will be a show-stopper at any gathering.
May 04, 2023
86% would make again
for 8 servings
- 2 cups self-raising flour (250 g)
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar (300 g)
- 1 ¼ cups cocoa powder (150 g)
- 1 ⅓ cups butter (300 g)
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅛ cups milk chocolate (200 g)
- 9 creme eggs
- 1 bundt cake tin
- Add the flour, caster sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, baking powder and vanilla extract to a large bowl and whisk until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer mixture to the bundt cake tin, smooth out then place 6 creme eggs upright around the circle. Make sure they don’t touch the bottom but are sunken in.
- Cover the creme eggs with the cake mix, then bake for 35 minutes at 180°C (350°F). Cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from tin carefully, then pour melted chocolate over the top, covering completely.
- Cut 3-4 creme eggs in half and decorate over the top - the messier the better!
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.