95% would make again
Creme Egg Rocky Road
featured in 10 British Desserts We Should All Be Making
for 12 servings
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate (250 g)
- ⅔ cup butter (150 g)
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate (150 g)
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 ½ cups digestive biscuits (150 g), crushed into chunks
- 1 ¾ cups mini marshmallows (100 g)
- 1 cup mini creme eggs (180 g)
- ⅔ cup white chocolate (150 g)
- yellow food colouring paste
- 1 tablespoon oil, nothing too strong flavoured - like vegetable, rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 6 creme eggs, full sized
- Calories 575
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 49g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the butter, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and golden syrup over a bain marie. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the digestives, marshmallows and mini creme eggs until everything is coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep tray lined with baking paper.
- Melt 75g (¼ cup) of the white chocolate and stir in some of the yellow food colouring until the desired colour is reached. If it seizes on you, add a little bit of oil and stir it until it reaches a runny consistency again.
- Drizzle over the rocky road mixture.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate and drizzle that over too.
- Cut the creme eggs in half and press firmly into the mixture.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Carve it up and eat!