Crispy Black Bean Tacos With Avocado Cream Sauce
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- ½ cup vegan cheese (50 g), grated, optional
- 8 corn tortillas
Avocado cream sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 fresh jalapeño, de-seeded
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro (30 g)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- Calories 307
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Add in the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until turning translucent. Add in the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste, then remove from heat. Add the cooked black beans to a large mixing bowl and roughly mash them. Stir in the onion mixture and combine well.
- Once the filling is mixed together, add about ½ - 1 more tbsp of oil into the skillet and turn it to medium heat. Add 1-2 corn tortillas in a single layer and cook on the first side for about 10 seconds.
- Then, scoop about 3-4 tbsp of bean mixture onto one half of each tortilla. You can also add some grated vegan cheese on top if you want. Using a spatula, fold the tortillas in half and press down to shape the tacos. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 1-3 minutes.
- Continue cooking the tacos following this process until all the bean mixture is gone. Make sure to top up the oil as your pan dries out.
- Serve these black bean tacos warm with a side of vegan avocado cream sauce (instructions below).
- For The Avocado Sauce
- First, slice and de-seed your jalapeño. Then, de-pit the avocados and scoop out the flesh into a high-speed blender or food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients in except the olive oil and water.
- Blend on high until you achieve a smooth consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Turn back on to low-medium and add in the olive oil slowly.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preferences. Add jalapeño for more kick, water to thin, lime juice for more tang, or salt to bring out the flavors. Enjoy!