Crispy Chicken Thighs
Crispy and juicy, this chicken is the perfect building block for a weeknight meal when paired with your favorite side dishes. First the chicken is pan-seared to crisp the skin, then it’s transferred to the oven to cook through.
for 2 servings
- 1 lb chicken thighs (455 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Calories 328
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a cutting board, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron or stainless steel pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken skin side-down and cook without disturbing until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon slices to the pan around the chicken. Transfer to the oven and bake until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C), 15–20 minutes depending on the size of the thighs.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite side dishes.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.