87% would make again
Crispy Sriracha Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
featured in 5 Recipes For Fried Chicken Lovers
Recipe by thereciperebel.com
for 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low flat buttermilk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce (65 g)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Calories 530
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, slice each chicken breast into strips.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and Sriracha and mix to combine. Add the chicken strips and submerge in the buttermilk mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Or toss all of the ingredients into a resealable bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- In a shallow dish, add the Panko, flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and seasoning salt and mix to combine.
- Dip the chicken strips in the panko mixture, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with canola oil.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If desired, broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp up at the end.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to remove extra grease.