Crunchy Hash Brown Breakfast Wrap
Wake up to a morning delight with this Crunchy Hash Brown Breakfast Wrap! It's a scrumptious combination of crispy hash browns, fluffy eggs, and melty cheese all wrapped up in a warm tortilla for a satisfying start to your day.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 cups Ore-Ida™ Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes (300 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and halved crosswise
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Calories 1431
- Fat 100g
- Carbs 79g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 50g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat ¼ cup (60 ml) of olive oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Spread the Ore-Ida™ Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes in the pan in an even layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the underside of the hash browns turn golden brown, 4–5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4–5 minutes on the other side until golden brown and crispy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from the pan, then divide the eggs in half. Wipe out the pan.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Make the spicy mayo: In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and hot sauce until smooth.
- Assemble the wrap: Place a slice of cheddar cheese in the center of a tortilla. Top with one portion of scrambled eggs, half of the hash browns, 3 half-strips of bacon, and half of the sautéed peppers and onions, avocado, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with the spicy mayo. Tear a piece from another tortilla and place it in the center of the stack. Using the palm of your hand, press down on the top tortilla so it is completely flat. Fold the bottom tortilla up around the filling, working clockwise until there are about 5 pleats.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place the wrap, seam-side down, in the pan and cook for 3 minutes, until browned. Flip and brown on the other side for another 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another wrap.
- Serve immediately with the remaining spicy mayo for dipping.