for 6 servings
- 1 pork loin
- 3 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar (50 g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup Captain Morgan® Sliced Apple Spiced Rum (120 mL)
Spicy Mustard Sauce
- ½ cup yellow mustard (120 g)
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups shredded swiss cheese (400 g)
- 16 flour tortillas, warmed (16 in - 40 cm )
- 10 oz smoked deli ham (300 g), chopped into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares
- 1 cup bread-and-butter pickle slices (150 g)
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (15 g), chopped
- Calories 1191
- Fat 64g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 28g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 66g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the pork: Using a sharp knife, score the top of the pork in a criss-cross pattern. Rub with 1½ teaspoons salt and 1½ teaspoons pepper, then set in a large baking dish.
- Make the glaze: Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1–2 minutes until fragrant. Whisk in the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, the cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder. Add the Captain Morgan® Sliced Apple Spiced Rum and whisk until combined. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 6–8 minutes, or until the glaze has thickened slightly and has the consistency of pancake syrup.
- Remove 5 tablespoons of the glaze and set aside.
- Use a basting brush and some of the remaining glaze to coat the pork in a thick layer of glaze.
- Place the pork in the oven and roast, basting again with more glaze halfway through, for 65–75 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C).
- While the pork roasts, make the spicy mustard sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, mayonnaise, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and cayenne until smooth.
- Remove the pork from the oven, then pour the reserved glaze over and spread evenly. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pork into ½-inch (1.24 cm) slices, then chop into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To assemble the tacos, sprinkle ¼ cup (25 g) shredded Swiss cheese onto a warm tortilla. Layer with about ½ ounce deli ham, about 2 ounces of roasted pork, 3–4 pickle slices, and a drizzle of spicy mustard sauce. Garnish with fresh cilantro.