79% would make again
Dairy-Free Chocolate-Glazed Donuts
featured in 4 Classic Desserts Made Vegan
Indulge in these delightful Dairy-Free Chocolate Glazed Donuts that'll satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. Enjoy the perfect balance of fluffy donut and rich chocolate glaze in every bite.
May 05, 2023
for 6 donuts
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (130 g)
- ½ cup almond milk (120 mL), or dairy-free milk of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup powdered sugar (60 g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (40 g), dairy-free
- ½ cup almond milk (120 mL), dairy-free milk of choice, as needed
- vegan sprinkle, optional
- Calories 191
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Grease a 6-indent donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in a donut comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5–10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a wide, medium bowl. Add the almond milk, about 2 tablespoons at a time, until the glaze is smooth, but thick enough to set on top of the donuts.
- Dip the top of each donut in the glaze and return to baking rack to let any excess glaze drip off.
- If using sprinkles, add them immediately after glazing the donuts. Work quickly, as the glaze will harden very fast.