Dairy-Free Chocolate-Glazed Donuts
Indulge in these delightful Dairy-Free Chocolate Glazed Donuts that'll satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt. Enjoy the perfect balance of fluffy donut and rich chocolate glaze in every bite.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 donuts
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (130 g)
- ½ cup almond milk (120 mL), or dairy-free milk of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup powdered sugar (60 g)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (40 g), dairy-free
- ½ cup almond milk (120 mL), dairy-free milk of choice, as needed
- vegan sprinkle, optional
- Calories 191
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Grease a 6-indent donut pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in a donut comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5–10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a wide, medium bowl. Add the almond milk, about 2 tablespoons at a time, until the glaze is smooth, but thick enough to set on top of the donuts.
- Dip the top of each donut in the glaze and return to baking rack to let any excess glaze drip off.
- If using sprinkles, add them immediately after glazing the donuts. Work quickly, as the glaze will harden very fast.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.