84% would make again
Dairy-Free Key Lime Coconut Bars
These tropical bars are like a beach vacation in every bite, with tangy key lime and creamy coconut. And the best part? They're dairy-free!
May 05, 2023
for 16 servings
- 1 ½ cups walnuts (150 g), chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut (75 g), or coconut flakes
- 1 cup pitted date (175 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 splash water
- 1 pinch sea salt
Key Lime Layer
- 2 ¼ cups raw cashew (295 g)
- ½ cup key lime juice (120 mL)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (55 g)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- lime zest
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (70 g)
- shredded coconut, or coconut flakes, for garnish
- Calories 240
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- The night before you intend to make your key lime bars, place cashews in a bowl of water and let soak overnight.
- Add walnuts, coconut, dates, vanilla extract, water, and salt to a food processor or blender and pulse until sticky mounds begin to form.
- Press the crust into an 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) freezer-safe, parchment paper-lined pan.
- Drain the cashews well and add to the food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor and add lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lime zest.
- Blend until smooth, adding the coconut oil halfway.
- Spread the mixture on top of your crust and garnish with more lime zest and coconut.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 3 hours or until set.
- Remove from freezer, slice, and serve.