Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Panna Cotta
featured in 13 Vegan Versions Of Your Favorite Desserts
Fall is in the air with this dairy-free pumpkin spice panna cotta! The creamy texture and warm spices make for a cozy and comforting dessert.
May 04, 2023
79% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- ¾ cup raw cashews (95 g)
- warm water, for soaking
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 ¼ cups water (300 mL)
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup hot water (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon agar agar
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Calories 226
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the cashews to a medium bowl. Pour in enough warm water to completely cover the cashews, then soak for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Drain.
- Grease 4 4-ounce ramekins with coconut oil and set aside.
- Add the cashews to a blender with the water and a pinch of salt. Blend on high speed for 2 minutes, or until very creamy.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the cashew cream, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice. Warm slowly, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is simmering.
- Add the agar agar to hot water and stir until there are no lumps and the agar agar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the agar mixture into the warm cashew cream and whisk to combine. Increase the heat to medium, bring to a gentle boil, and whisk continuously for 3 minutes, until thickened. Remove from the heat and immediately divide between the greased ramekins. Smooth the tops.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (The agar will set at room temperature, but chilling the panna cotta in the fridge will expedite the process.)
- When ready to serve, use an offset spatula or butter knife to carefully work around the edges of the ramekins to loosen the panna cotta. Invert onto serving plates and garnish with ground cinnamon and cinnamon sticks.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.