Dark Chocolate, Cherry, And Date Bars
Each bite is a harmonious blend of decadence and natural sweetness, making them a guilt-free treat for any time of the day. With their fudgy texture and irresistible flavor, these dark chocolate cherry and date bars are the ultimate satisfaction.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 16 bars
- 1 ½ cups medjool date (255 g), pitted
- ½ cup almond butter (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons, melted
- 1 cup brown ri (200 g), puffed, or puffed quinoa
- 1 cup dried cherry (125 g)
- ⅓ cup almond (45 g), chopped
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 3 oz dark chocolate (85 g), coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Calories 198
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, almond butter, and coconut oil. Process until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the puffed rice, cherries, and almonds and pulse 5-6 times—just enough so that everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press into an even layer about ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) thick. Freeze for 15 minutes, until set.
- Meanwhile, pour the water into a small saucepan. Place a heatproof glass or metal bowl over the saucepan, making sure the water is not touching the bottom. Bring the water to a simmer, then add the chocolate to the warm bowl and let it melt, stirring slowly. Remove the bowl from the heat as soon as the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the date and cherry mixture and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle with flaky salt. Return the pan to the freezer for another 20 minutes.
- Once set, cut into 16 bars.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.