Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
This dark chocolate chip zucchini bread is a healthier take on a classic sweet treat. The addition of zucchini adds moisture and nutrients, while the dark chocolate adds rich sweetness.
May 04, 2023
64% would make again
for 8 servings
- ½ cup water (120 mL), warm
- ⅓ cup honey (115 g)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (285 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini (300 g)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (230 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chip (130 g)
- ¼ cup flax seed (40 g), optional
- Calories 373
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the ends off of zucchini and grate it on the large side of a box grater. Set aside 2 cups.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Whisk together warm water and honey.
- Add eggs, yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Whisk.
- Add zucchini and whisk to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch (23x12cm) bread pan.
- Top with flax seeds, as desired.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving!
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.