Dark Chocolate Rice Cereal Treat Hearts
These adorable heart-shaped treats are a delightful twist on the classic rice cereal treats we all know and love. Made with rich dark chocolate, crispy rice cereal, and a hint of vanilla, they're the perfect combination of crunchy and gooey, and they'll satisfy your sweet tooth in no time. Share the love with these cute and delicious treats that are perfect for Valentine's Day or any day when you're craving a little extra sweetness in your life!
for 4 hearts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 5 oz mini marshmallows (150 g)
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal (90 g)
- 12 oz dark chocolate (340 g), chopped
- red sanding sugar
- valentines sprinkle
- Calories 909
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 136g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 61g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until smooth and melted. Add the rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan and press into an even layer. Set aside to cool, about 1 hour.
- Once the rice cereal treats have cooled, use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the treats.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the dark chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Dip half of each heart in the melted chocolate, then set on the baking sheet. Immediately, while the chocolate is still is warm, sprinkle the chocolate side with red sanding sugar and Valentine’s sprinkles. Let cool until the chocolate hardens completely, 1-2 hours.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.