Dark Chocolate Tahini Pops
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these delectable Dark Chocolate Tahini Pops! A perfect blend of rich dark chocolate and nutty tahini, these frozen treats are sure to become a summer favorite.
for 6 servings
- 1 cup dark chocolate (170 g), chopped 70%
- ½ cup dairy free semisweet chocolate chips (85 g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, refined
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (240 mL), canned
Tahini Caramel Drizzle
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Calories 401
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the pops: Add the dark and semi-sweet chocolate and coconut oil to medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the tahini and coconut milk. Carefully pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours, until solid.
- Make the tahini caramel: In a small saucepan, whisk together the maple syrup and tahini. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbling and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour into a heatproof liquid measuring cup and let cool (the caramel will continue to thicken.
- Remove the chocolate tahini pops from the molds and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pouring from the measuring cup, drizzle the tahini caramel quickly back and forth over the pops. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the drizzle. Any leftover caramel can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve the pops immediately, or return to the freezer for a few minutes for the drizzle to harden. Store the pops in the freezer, covered, for up to 1 month.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.