Death By Chocolate Brownie Skillet
featured in Death By Chocolate for 1
Single on Valentine’s Day? Treat yourself to this irresistible pair of chocolatey confections.
February 02, 2022
85% would make again
for 1 serving
- ½ stick unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 2 ½ oz dark chocolate (85 g), 70%, chopped
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (40 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (40 g)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa nibs
- ice cream, for serving
- hot fudge, for serving
- cast iron skillet, 6 1/2 inch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a 6½-inch skillet with butter.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch (2.54 cm) of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In a medium heat-safe bowl, combine the butter and chopped chocolate. Place on top of the pot of boiling water. Use a rubber spatula to stir until completely melted, about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl from the heat and let the melted chocolate cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar to the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Add the egg and vanilla and continue whisking until smooth and homogenous.
- Sift in the flour and salt, then add the mini chocolate chips. Use the rubber spatula to gently fold until the flour is just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and sprinkle the cocoa nibs evenly over the top.
- Bake until the brownie is mostly set in the center and with little resistance when you press lightly on the top, 12–15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, scoop your favorite ice cream on top and drizzle with hot fudge sauce.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.