95% would make again
Deep-fried Deviled Eggs
featured in 6 Vegetarian Party Appetizers
for 24 servings
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g)
- oil, for frying
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, or seasoning of choice on top, optional
- Calories 121
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat cooking oil for deep-frying in a medium-size pan over medium heat.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Gently separate the cooked egg white from the yolk and remove to a medium bowl.
- Coat the cooked egg white in flour, eggs, and panko bread crumbs. Carefully place eggs into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove from pan and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the yolks and mash until smooth.
- Fill a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag with yolk mixture. Pipe mixture back into the fried egg white and dust with paprika.