DIY Cookie And Frosting Snack Pack
Recreate your favorite 90’s snack with this DIY version of Dunkaroos. First, make the mini cookies. Then, whip up a sweet vanilla buttercream with confetti sprinkles. This recipe is truly a slam dunk! No pun intended.
for 4 servings
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (65 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (95 g), plus more for dusting
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (65 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (220 g)
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup confetti sprinkles (35 g)
- Calories 544
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 121g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 85g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the cookies: In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and molasses with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until light brown and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift in the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no dry spots remain and the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to ⅛ inch thick. Using a 1-inch round cookie cutter, punch out as many cookies as possible. Re-roll the dough scraps twice and punch out more cookies. You should have 70–80. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly.
- Bake the cookies for 9–11 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Make the frosting dip: In a medium bowl, cream the butter with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Sift in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing on low speed between each addition. Mix in the vanilla, then add the milk and mix until the frosting has a dippable consistency. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Serve the cookies with the frosting dip.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.