Double Chocolate Mousse Tart
Satisfy your chocolate cravings with this double chocolate mousse tart that's decadently rich and velvety smooth. Topped with a generous dollop of whipped chocolate cream, this dessert is a true chocolate lover's dream.
for 8 servings
- 8 graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 2 cups dark chocolate chip (350 g), melted
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream (90 g)
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips (265 g), melted
- 2 cups whipped cream (120 g)
- 1 thick chocolate bar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Calories 513
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 48g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine the graham cracker crumbs and the butter until they are the texture of wet sand.
- Transfer the crust to an 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan and use the bottom of a wine glass or other flat instrument to press against the bottom.
- Make the dark chocolate mousse: In a medium bowl, let the melted dark chocolate chips cool to room temperature, then use a spatula to gently fold in whipped cream.
- Pour the dark chocolate mousse over the crust and smooth out the top as much as possible, then freeze for 15 minutes.
- Make the milk chocolate mousse: In a medium bowl, let the melted milk chocolate chips cool to room temperature, then use a spatula to gently fold in whipped cream.
- Pour the milk chocolate mousse over the dark chocolate layer and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Freeze for 2 hours, or until the mousse is set.
- Take a vegetable peeler and press it down along the edge of the chocolate bar to create mini chocolate spirals. Make at least 2 tablespoons worth.
- Remove from the cake from the freezer and gently take the cake out of the springform pan.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the top of the cake, then sprinkle with the chocolate shavings.
- Pairs well with Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.