80% would make again
Double-Decker Steak Breakfast Tacos
Wake up to a fiesta of flavors with these Double-Decker Steak Breakfast Tacos! Layered with juicy steak, fluffy eggs, and melty cheese, these tacos are the ultimate morning indulgence.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 1 lb steak (455 g), flank, skirt or flat-iron
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 8 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 8 hard taco shells
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (100 g), or jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa (260 g)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- queso fresco, crumbled
- fresh cilantro
- Calories 468
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub all over the steak.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat until very hot. Add a splash of vegetable oil.
- Add the steak to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side for medium, or cook to desired doneness.
- Remove from pan and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice against the grain.
- Preheat an oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Place the flour tortillas on baking sheets. Sprinkle each with a small amount of shredded cheese, then place one hard taco shell inside.
- Heat just until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter. Scramble the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, fill each double-decker shell with a few spoonfuls of scrambled eggs and a few slices of steak. Top with salsa, avocado, queso fresco, cilantro, and scallions.