Double-stuffed Sheet-Pan Pizza
Experience the ultimate pizza night with this Double-Stuffed Sheet Pan Pizza, loaded with gooey cheese and your favorite toppings. It's a fun twist on a classic dish that'll have everyone coming back for seconds!
for 6 servings
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 cups flour (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (300 g)
- olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- string cheese
- tomato sauce
- topping of your choice
- Calories 674
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To a bowl or stand mixer, add the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let the yeast proof for 5-15 minutes in a warm place until it is bubbling.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Add in the flour and salt. Mix in the bowl until well combined and the dough comes together into a ball.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and knead briefly to smooth out the dough and develop gluten. Form the dough into a ball and place into a new, large greased bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, and cut 2-three ounce (85g) portions of the dough. Roll each portion out to a size slightly larger than a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking sheet.
- Place the first rolled dough rectangle onto the greased baking sheet. Sprinkle a thick layer of mozzarella cheese onto the dough, then place the second sheet of dough on top to cover the cheese.
- Place string cheese into the edges of the dough, and fold the edges over the cheese, crimping the edges.
- Brush the dough with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted inside.
- Quickly top the stuffed bottom crust with sauce and any extra toppings or cheese you would like.
- Bake until the toppings are heated through, and the cheese has started to brown 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board, slice, and serve.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here