92% would make again
Double-stuffed Sheet-Pan Pizza
featured in Epic Party Dishes
Inspired by thebakermama.com
for 6 servings
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 cups flour (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (300 g)
- olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- string cheese
- tomato sauce
- topping of your choice
- Calories 522
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To a bowl or stand mixer, add the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let the yeast proof for 5-15 minutes in a warm place until it is bubbling.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Add in the flour and salt. Mix in the bowl until well combined and the dough comes together into a ball.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and knead briefly to smooth out the dough and develop gluten. Form the dough into a ball and place into a new, large greased bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, and cut 2-three ounce (85g) portions of the dough. Roll each portion out to a size slightly larger than a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking sheet.
- Place the first rolled dough rectangle onto the greased baking sheet. Sprinkle a thick layer of mozzarella cheese onto the dough, then place the second sheet of dough on top to cover the cheese.
- Place string cheese into the edges of the dough, and fold the edges over the cheese, crimping the edges.
- Brush the dough with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted inside.
- Quickly top the stuffed bottom crust with sauce and any extra toppings or cheese you would like.
- Bake until the toppings are heated through, and the cheese has started to brown 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the pizza to a cutting board, slice, and serve.