This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- curry leaf
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced and ground into a paste
- 1 tomato, diced and pureed
- 2 chicken drumsticks, vegetables
- 2 tablespoons tamarind, soaked in warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (240 mL)
- Calories 285
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add oil in a pan on medium heat. To this, add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, and shallots. Saute until mustard seeds pop.
- Add garlic, onion paste and tomato puree and cook well. Once the raw onion is cooked, add seasonings (chili powder and coriander powder) and cook well until spices are no longer raw (5-7 minutes).
- Add drumsticks and salt and cook on low heat. To this, add tamarind paste and boil for 10 minutes until the drumsticks are cooked.
- Finally, add coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot dosas (lentil-rice crepes) or steamed white rice.