Easy Baked Oatmeal
featured in What's For Breakfast: Oats
This scrumptious and nutritious Easy Baked Oatmeal breakfast recipe is a delightful combination of oats, berries, and nuts that'll have you starting your day on a high note.
August 14, 2023
91% would make again
for 6 servings
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted, divided
- 2 cups cranberry (250 g), divided
- 1 ¾ cups old fashioned rolled oat (175 g)
- ½ cup walnuts (50 g), chopped
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flake (20 g), plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (55 g), plus more to serving
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- milk, or yogurt, for serving
- flaky sea salt, for serving
- Calories 405
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 35g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Oil a 9x9-inch (22x22-cm) baking dish with ½ tablespoon of the coconut oil and add 1½ cups (190 g) of the cranberries in a single layer.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, walnuts, ¼ cup (20 g) coconut flakes, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir just to combine.
- Pour the oat mixture over the cranberry layer in the baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cranberries and coconut flakes.
- Bake until the top of the oatmeal is set, 30-40 minutes.
- Serve warm with milk or yogurt, flaky salt, and maple syrup, if desired.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.