Easy Chicken Cacciatore
This easy chicken cacciatore is a flavorful and comforting meal that's perfect for a busy weeknight. With tender chicken, sweet bell peppers, and a rich tomato sauce, this dish is packed with flavor and ready in under an hour.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb portobello mushroom (455 g), diced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes (410 g)
- ½ cup red wine (120 mL)
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable broth (180 mL)
- chopped fresh basil, for serving
- Calories 285
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Place 4 pieces of the chicken in the skillet and sear until until golden-brown, about 1-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the same skillet. Add the mushrooms and stir occasionally until most of the moisture has evaporated from the pan, about 8 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Add the onions and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally, until the onions and peppers have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary and stir until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the tomatoes, red wine, and broth and stir until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Return the mushrooms and chicken to the pan and bring the sauce to a low simmer.
- Cover and cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C), 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.