94% would make again
Easy Chicken Paprikash
This easy chicken paprikash is a hearty and comforting dish that’s perfect for a chilly day. Tender chicken is simmered in a rich and creamy sauce flavored with sweet paprika, onions, and garlic. Served over egg noodles for a dish that’s sure to please.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion (150 g), chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper (50 g), chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- 15 oz crushed tomato (425 g), 1 can
- ½ cup sour cream (115 g)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Calories 709
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil over medium, add garlic, chicken, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the chicken has some color.
- Add the onion and bell pepper, cook until onions have slightly softened.
- Add the sweet paprika, chili flakes, chicken broth and crushed tomatoes. Simmer covered for 40 minutes.
- Take a ladle of the sauce and add to sour cream in a separate bowl. Mix until well combined. Add flour to the mix and stir.
- Once it is well combined, add the mix to the pot. Stir in the mix, cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Serve with pasta, rice or potatoes.