Easy Mixed Berry And Chocolate Tart
Add a little indulgence into your quarantine with this quick and easy puff pastry tart. We use mostly frozen ingredients and a few pantry staples, but this simple dessert is not lacking in flavor!
for 6 servings
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate (44 g)
- 2 cups frozen mixed berry (350 g), thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (16 g)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (24 g)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey (42 g)
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 g), for dusting
- Calories 359
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Position an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a small saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a strong simmer. Place a medium heatproof bowl over the pot (making sure the bottom isn’t touching the water) and add the chocolate chips. Melt, stirring often, until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat but leave the bowl sitting over the water so the chocolate stays warm. Alternatively, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- In a medium bowl, toss the thawed berries with the cornstarch and granulated sugar until fully coated.
- Lay the thawed puff pastry sheet on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the melted chocolate over to the center of the pastry and spread evenly, leaving a 1½-inch border around the edges. Scoop the berries on top of the chocolate. Fold the edges of the pastry over the berries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and warm water until fully combined. Brush the honey mixture over the exposed pastry.
- Bake the tart until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, 18–20 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool for 15–20 minutes.
- Dust the tart with powdered sugar, then slice and serve.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.