Easy One-Pot Mac ‘n’ Cheese
This easy mac and cheese is a quick and delicious dinner option for busy weeknights! Elbow macaroni is cooked right in the same pot with milk, butter, and Cheddar cheese, resulting in a creamy and comforting dish that's sure to please everyone. Add in some chopped bacon or cooked veggies for a twist on the classic recipe, or enjoy it as-is for a simple and satisfying meal.
for 6 servings
- 5 cups whole milk (1.25 L)
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (200 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, to serve
- Calories 865
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, gently bring the milk to a simmer over medium heat. Add the macaroni and cook until tender. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the butter, cheddar, salt, and pepper to the noodles and stir until the cheese and butter melt into the milk to create a thick sauce that coats the noodles.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.