98% would make again
Easy Sheet Pan Southwestern Dinner
This easy and colorful sheet pan dinner is packed with savory spices and protein-packed beans. Perfect for a quick and satisfying meal that the whole family will enjoy.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 zucchini, small, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- portobello mushroom, caps cut into strips
- ½ cup grape tomatoes (100 g), halved
- ½ cup corn (85 g), thawed if using frozen
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, plus 3 cloves, halved
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn tortilla
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- lime, cut into wedges, for ganish
- Calories 397
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200˚C).
- Place the zucchini, green and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, corn, onion, black beans, and the minced garlic cloves on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne powder.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the vegetables.
- Add salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with your hands until the vegetables are well-coated.
- Place the red bell pepper halves, cut side down, on a second baking sheet.
- Bake the seasoned vegetables for 35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender. Bake the red bell peppers for 25 minutes, until soft.
- Transfer the roasted red bell peppers to a medium bowl and cover it with a plate to let them sweat for about 10 minutes, until the peels are easily removed from the flesh.
- Peel the red bell peppers.
- Transfer the flesh from the red bell peppers into a blender or food processor.
- Add the avocado, halved garlic cloves, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro, if using.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on corn tortillas with the sauce and sliced jalapeño, and lime wedges alongside.