96% would make again
Easy Stout Beer Chili
featured in 6 Ways To Cook With Beer
This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
March 02, 2022
for 4 servings
- olive oil, drizzle
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 30 oz kidney bean (850 g), 1 can
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 8 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 14.9 fl oz stout beer (425 mL)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- fresh chive, chopped
- Calories 821
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 22g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 55g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, brown the beef in a little bit of olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Once browned, remove the beef and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onions. Cook until slightly softened. Add the browned beef back to the pan. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the kidney beans, crushed tomato, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, chili powder, water and stout beer. Give it stir. Bring to a boil. Cover and let it simmer for an hour.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, sour cream and chives.
- Nutrition Calories: 4377 Fat: 226 grams Carbs: 306 grams Fiber: 79 grams Sugars: 55 grams Protein: 254 grams