94% would make again
Easy Tomato Basil Pasta Bake
featured in 7 Pasta Recipes For All Pasta Lovers
for 8 servings
- 16 oz fusilli pasta (455 g), or any similar pasta, 1 box
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 2 cans
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- ½ cup fresh basil (20 g), torn
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 313
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the crushed tomatoes, water, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and fusilli.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a greased roasting pan and smooth the top into an even layer.
- Line the top of the mixture with the sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until the pasta is fully cooked. Serve and sprinkle with garnish of choice.